August 4, 2013

Altered Cigar Box Swap

Hello everyone I was in a cigar box swap over on Kraftie Kre8ations on FB. So we had to have partners and mine was Charmagne Rivera and pink was her color and we also had a choice of either vintage or Shabby Chic so below you will see various pinks in this project and a lot of handmade things . Hope you love all the flowers and the color combination I put together.

 
The box was bought at Michaels for $4.99 plus a %50 off coupon sale, sale , coupon.  I used gesso to over the box first then I applied two coats of Berry Wine acrylic paint I got at A.C. Moore for .89 cents. All the flowers I used came from Prima these were old packs I got from Michaels when they were having a sale. I also bought the letter C a small one to apply to the top of the box and applied a thin coat of pink acrylic paint and pulled some of the paint off to make it look aged. The small butter fly came from a small Jolee pack I got at a yard sale.
 
 
I got the charm bed cage from Michaels also in the $1.50 bin with a lot of the  materials I used for this project. The skirt came from the good will I paid $1.00 for 4 yards.
 

 
I used K and Company Julianne Specialty Paper for this project I loved the colors and it went with this Shabby Chic look I wanted in this project. The inside was layered , inked, and cut to fix the box. Bought the pearl flower last year at the CKC convention dollar booth.

 
Inside of the box was cut , layered, and ink with the K and Company  cardstock.  I used a old strip of lace and inked it with brown coffee ink from close to my heart. I think I got the lace form one of the girls in our Facebook online group. Thinking Cheri gave it to me and I used pearls in the lace and flowers.


 
Ok loaded with tags and handmade envelopes in the top of the box.



  I made tags and envelopes with the scrap paper I used for the  box.  As you see I stamped each card with a friends saying and a mothers stamp was used on the bigger tag.


 
Tags turned over on the other side. Used a lot of flowers, charms and pearls.

 
Handmade envelopes made from the scraps I used on the box. Again lots of pearls and flowers.




                           

 


                                                                 
  I hope you enjoyed my Altered Cigar Box!! I had fun making it.


3 comments:

Shavon Borders said...

great work as always

MMDesi9ns said...

Thanks Shavon girl I worked hard on this box.

cmigo crafting said...

Beautiful box, love your work.