October 13, 2013

MMDesi9ns Presents: Boxes of Hope by the Kraftie Kre8ations Design Team






Hello Everyone
         Hi!!! Meka here of MMDesi9ns -The Purple Scrapper.
Getting diagnosed with a life threatening illness can be hard on anyone. It is always good to know you are not in it alone. The KK8 Design Team have made boxes of hope that can be filled with words  of encouragements. October is breast cancer month and we were asked this week to make a girl power pink box and fill it with love,words of encouragements, trinkets, and anything else to show the support of these many of women who have survived and who have lost their battle.





So in honor of my dearest friend Natalie Fralin that lost her
 battle with a form of cancer this past June. She will be dearly missed, of the projects that I will ever do this one holds dear to my heart .So before I start to cry let me tell you what I used and how this box came to life.


So first I needed a nice solid box and the good will was calling my
  name so I purchased this item for .25 cents at good will.  This is one place that you can go to look for things like lace,wooden boxes, etc. Good will is a wonderful place to find things to alter. This box was a jewelry box that just took all the contents out and layered different pattens of pink power paper by Me and My Big Ideas Paperpack.

I then used to different acrylic paints neon pink and regular soft pink for the outside of the box. I used a small frame and
 attachedit to the top of the box and added a dressform and decorated it to add texture and make the box stand out. So below are the supplies I used to make this beautiful box of hope.

Supplies List
1 wooden box
1 wooden frame
Acrylic Paints(Pink and Neon Pink)
Me and My by Ideas Paperpack
1 cut out Tim Holtz dressform
Lace and ribbon for the dress
Lace for around the box
some leftover breast cancer stickers
 and embellishments
Breast cancer brads and pink flowers
The word HOPE from some 
embellished words.


I hope you enjoyed my box of hope thanks for stopping by my page and taking this journey with me today to honor my friend
 Natalie Fralin. 

Please leave a comment.









No comments: